(2) As soon as you wake up fill your mouth with water and sprinkle water on your eyes for 10-15 times. This is a wonderful practice taught by Baba Ramdev-the yoga guru. It does wonders to your eyes. Practicing this will relieve you from frequent headaches, migraine and issues related to your sight. It is practically proven as boon for students and people who work on computers for hours.
(3) Drink 1 – 1 ½ liters of water in one go or two. Initially some people find it difficult to drink this much of water. Their body is not used to it. To begin with drink ½ liter of water and after one week you can go for one liter. Some people even feel a vomiting sensation in the beginning. Don’t panic if you vomit. Gently make your body get used to it. Water at this hour is to flush your intestines. It is a natural enema. Many of us use buckets of water to cleanse our outer body but never bothered to clean our inner body by drinking some liters of water. Drinking 1 to 1 ½ liters of water puts pressure on intestines and help in the free bowel movement.
(4) After drinking water concentrate on the intestines and walk around for a while and then visit the toilet. Concentration on intestines does wonders. We often see people spending lot of time in the toilet reading newspapers and smoking cigars. They take time to ablate because their concentration is on some other thing. For people with constipation, walking around with concentration on intestines help their cause to a great extent. The result won’t be immediate but as you follow this practice for a week or two you are going to see the difference.
(5) Half an hour later, start any exercise, yoga, walking, jogging etc. for at least 20 minutes. I recommend 1 hour of intense workout of any form for healthy people and 20-30 minutes of moderate workout for people of old ages and suffering from diseases. Asana and Pranayama are very desirable for people suffering from diseases. Remember the golden rule of ancestors no workout no food. If you want to eat well then move your limbs and sweat it out. Unless you workout you are not going to have a healthy life, no matter how nutritious food you eat. According to the great maestro of yoga Dr. BKS Iyengar, “the modern man had stuck to his sofa. He wakes up from bed and lands on sofa for tea, from sofa to dining chair for breakfast, dining chair to car or motor cycle seat to office, again from car seat to the office chair and vice versa. Where is the physical exerting? How is he going to gain health if such is the lifestyle?” If not all but many of us are like what Dr. Iyengar had mentioned. Many of the people living in metro cities say, they are so busy that they do not have time to do exercises. They have time for everything and everybody but have no time for the self. There is nothing ridiculous than this. You must remember one thing “If you don’t take your time for physical exercises now then you won’t have much time for the future.” Therefore be late than never. Realize this mantra and start moving your limbs.
(6) Drink 1 or 1 ½ liters of water again 10 minutes after your exercises. You might get another nature call to attend. I mean the bowel movement. This liter of water is good for people suffering from constipation. This soothes the intestines and improves its condition.
(7)Have your bath and freshen up for your vegetable juice if people suffering from constipation, hemorrhoids, piles, diabetes, high cholesterol etc. Healthy people can have their breakfast now.
(9) Have a gap of at least half an hour for breakfast.
Do not drink water till 2 hours after breakfast. This is because our food is digested by the most powerful concentrated hydrochloric acid and other gastric juices in our stomach. When you drink water the concentration of these acids and juices weakens and hinders our digestion process. Our body needs to produce further acids to digest the food. These excess acids and gases results in belching and other gastric disorders. Some people doubt that we need water to digest. They need not worry because we get enough water from the food we cooked, or even raw fruits and vegetables have enough water in them to help digestion apart from the digestive gases and acids which are again in liquid form.
(c)2 hours after your breakfast have a glass or two of water. In this way drink 1 or 1 ½ liters of water before your lunch. Remember again drink water 30 minutes before lunch and 2 hours after lunch.
(d)Have 2-3 Phulkas made of whole wheat or ragi and lots of vegetable curry or salad, or 2 servings of Rice (Brown Rice or Pounded Rice or unpolished rice) with curry (salad or boiled vegetables). You may use onions, lime juice, green chilly etc. for taste. You may have curd if required. The mantra is to eat more vegetable salad and curry and less phulka or rice. You need to fill your stomach more than 60% in order to quench your hunger. If you eat more vegetables curry than rice or phulka, you never suffer from constipation or any other intestinal disorders. All the vegetables are rich in fiber source. Fiber acts as a mop or broom stick in our body which cleanses the intestines and blood vessels. Eating more vegetables also cleanses the blockages in arteries and veins. People suffering from digestive and intestinal disorders should strictly avoid animal food because they contain zero fiber. Please note all the animal foods like goat, fish, chicken, milk, chocolates, creams etc. contains cholesterol which we need not take externally. Our liver looks after the production of cholesterol that is required for the body. Therefore don’t bother to take them in. Excess cholesterol reaches the bloodstream and clogs the arteries and veins resulting in high blood pressure, paralysis and heart attacks.
Drink again 1 or 2 liters of water 2 hours after the lunch in small installments of a glass or two. Many people give a skip to drink this installment of water here as they pay no attention to it. It is very essential to maintain enough fluids in our body for proper functioning of nervous system.
(f)You must stop drinking water by 6 P.M. or 6-30 P.M. This is because if you drink water in the late evening or night you need to attend the urinal during the late nights disturbing your sleep. Your body doesn’t need any more water at nights because the temperature of your body cools down with the weather. More importantly we have supplemented enough amount water in the day when the weather is hot.
(g) Dr. Raju is intensively promoting the practice of having the dinner by sunset. This practice is usually followed in rural areas of India from millions of years. This practice has lot to do with good health. We often see people in rural areas of India, Nepal and China are quite healthier than those in urban areas. If you eat early by 7 P.M. the food gets digested by 9 P.M. and you get a sound sleep throughout the night. This again gives rest to your entire body and mind. There are lots of other benefits of eating early in the evening which I will try to bring in my further updates.
(h) If you are a worker who is engaged in heavy physical work then you can have your quota of rice and vegetables without oil, ghee, masala, spices, salt etc. For people working in offices who needs less physical effort and more mental effort have to eat phulkas again with more amount of vegetable curry as mentioned above. People who work late or those with diabetes, arthritis or any digestive problems can have stomach full of seasonal fruits available in the market as dinner.
(i) Those who feel thirsty can have ½ glass of water before sleeping that is at 9 P.M. or 9-30 P.M.