Translate

Friday, January 1, 2010

Natural Ways to Lose Weight

This update on the eve of New Year 2010 is a kind of resolution to fight obesity. Today I am about to reveal how I lost 25 kilos of weight in the past 10 months at home without spending a single rupee. Like me in the past, there might be several other millions of people around the world who are suffering from obesity and are willing to reduce their weight; but couldn’t do so due to lack of guidance and proper knowledge of diet to be followed to burn those excess calories. To be honest, it’s not easy to burn those calories. Good Health never comes easy. I followed a few simple things recommended by Dr. Mantena Satyanarayan Raju to get rid of my excess weight. Initially my emphasis was on to reduce my excess weight but as the days progressed I shifted my gears on living healthy and changed my complete life style. Today, I am able to enjoy a healthy life style, thanks to Dr. Raju’s preaching. I have already posted why and how I happened to adapt Dr. Raju’s Natural Way of Living (refer my previous updates “Natural Ways of Living” on the right of this blog) published in the month of May’09, which also happens to by my first update in this blog.

After successful completion of 10 months of my “
Natural Way of Living”, I tried to make a self assessment of my health status. In the past 10 months I realized that I never suffered any fever, flu, throat infections, and headache etc. which were apart of my life before. I realized that my immune system has improved as never before. During these 10 months I happen to visit a doctor only once due to neck breakage while practicing yoga. As told before, my first emphasis was on to reduce my overweight; but I gradually happened to gain great health in the process. This magical change had made me stick to the “Natural Way of Living”.



The above two are my past and present photos. Some times I do wonder myself looking at these pictures. When I adopted Dr. Manten’s “Natural Way of Living” I expected some change but never imagined such a radical change in this short span of time. Don’t worry! I am neither going to sell any fitness product nor services by showing these pictures. It is intended to let you know how one can lose weight by following simple measures of Dr. Mantena’s “Natural Way of Ling”.

There are numerous institutions and products available in the market inviting people with attractive incentives and unbelievable offers to lose excess weight. You find plenty of advertisements on TV and in news journals attracting people with vast verities of products and services on weight reduction. Some claim “Drink our Dr. Tea twice a day and lose 10 kilos of weight in a week” and others claim “use our personal massager and lose up to 7 inches of your waist in 10 days without any workout”. Trust me! They are all scrap! Never fall into those traps. Losing weight is exclusively in your hands. No person or product can come to your rescue in this issue.

  • 1. Strong Will Power: A strong will is very essential to achieve a goal in any work. As discussed above, losing weight is not an easy task and it has lot to deal with will power. When I started following Dr. Raju’s recommended diet routine, the result was very discouraging in the beginning 4 months. I hadn’t lost even a kilogram of weight after such a strict diet routine. My strong will power and self belief has helped me a lot in achieving my goal. Some of my friends too joined Dr. Mantena’s Natural Way of Living to lose their weights but none of them had succeeded. Each one of them cites one or some other reason. I have a doctor friend called Dr. Vali. He once asked me some tips to lose his overweight. I instructed a few easy tips for his cause. It’s been 6 months since then and no change in his appearance. Every time I ask him whether he find my tips useful; I receive the same answer from him that he has couple of functions and ceremonies to attend and he is going to start working on my tips after attending them. His functions and ceremonies never end and he never starts his weight reduction program. Another friend of mine Mr. Venkat Rao whose weight is increasing at an alarm pace claims that his wife isn’t co-operating him in cooking the kind of food recommended by me. If you try to do with this attitude; I bet you never achieve your goal. Unless you have a strong will to overcome all these kinds of hurdles, you can’t achieve your goal.

  • 2. Sacrifice: This is very crucial in losing the weight. You need to sacrifice some of your favorite recipes and dishes. Here again your will power comes handy. It is not easy to sacrifice your favorite stuff. Every time you eat; you must remember that you are eating for your good health. Good health cannot be bought. It has to be gained. And you will gain it by sacrifice. You feel bad to lose them initially but once you gain your health you will enjoy and feel proud of sacrificing such a junk. After adopting Natural Way of Living I sacrificed all my favorite stuff and when I look back, I never regret what I lost but enjoy what I have gained.

  • 3. Food Discipline: The above two factors are related to psychological preparations. Once you are ready with above two, food discipline is not very difficult. Many believe that one can lose weight by regular exercises. But to my belief; mere exercises doesn’t help you lose weight. Food discipline is very essential for every individual not only to reduce weight but also to stay fit and healthy. And some people believe that they can lose weight by skipping meals and remain on fasting for couple of days. Never try this. It’s harmful for our body. By skipping food we might burn calories but our body needs many nutritional enzymes, minerals and proteins to function. Skipping food might lack these elements and leads to serious health hazards. Let us try to understand and follow a better food discipline

  • a) Drinking 1.5 Liters of Water early in the Morning: Always start your morning by drinking 1.5 liters of water as soon as you wake up. This helps you in cleansing the inner body and free bowel movement. Once you drink that much of water in the morning, you are going to enjoy the pleasure of discharging the faeces. I haven’t given any miss in drinking 1.5 liters of water in the morning as soon as I wake up from the moment I started following Dr. Raju’s “Natural Way of Living”.

  • b) Exercises: Half an hour later do some exercises whether it might be Yoga, Aerobics, Gym, Walking, Jogging, Skipping or any other kind of physical activity for an hour or more. Physical exercises will not only help in reduction of weight but also keeps you fit and strong. I started performing Yoga after losing 20 kilos of weight. After losing 20 kilos, the skin around my stomach, biceps and thigh region was hanging loose. It was similar to the condition of a pregnant lady after delivering the baby. I realized the need to tone it up. Therefore, I downloaded all the videos of Ram Dev Baba from you tube and started learning Yog Asans. As the days gone by I realized the pleasure and joy of performing Yog Asans and Pranayams. Yog Asans and Pranayams are the blessings to the mankind by the great ancient saints and sages of India.
  • c) Drinking another 1 liter of water after Exercises: 10 minutes after finishing your workout drink another liter of water and flush your intestine one more time. Well… to be honest, I am unable to drink this additional liter of water again after exercises due to lack of time. The time doesn’t look like stopping in the morning. In this busy modern life in cities, I find it exceptional. I still wonder how Dr. Raju could manage all this with such perfection.

  • d) Breakfast: This is very crucial part in the Natural Way of Living. As we all know that our body is a combination of trillions of cells. We need energy to work. Where do we get this energy from? From the heat generated by our cells. Our cells relax at night when we sleep. Since we need energy to work throughout the day, we need to end our whole night fast by eating some light food. Always begin your day by having juices, fruits and uncooked vegetables as your breakfast. I have been regularly eating 120gms of sprouted whole moong beans (botanical name-vigna radiate), Chick Peas and Cow Peas (Black eye beans) in my breakfast everyday. When it comes to nutrition whole grains or beans are considered number one. The nutritional value increases three times more in the whole grains when they are sprouted; revealed in a study by the National Institute of Nutrition, India. Sprouted beans are low in calories, rich in potassium and easy to digest. Add any fruit along with the sprouts if you wish. Sprouted beans are like a boon to the people suffering from chronic diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, anemia and many other liver and kidney problems. For those healthy people who include these sprouts as a part of their daily menu, these chronic diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, anemia etc. would never come in their way. Unfortunately, most people in India do not consider sprouts as a food item. People in southern parts of India cannot think of breakfast other than traditional Idlis, Vadas, Dosas, Pooris etc. According to Mantena Satyanarayana Raju this kind of food is the main source of diseases in this part of the world.

  • e) Drinking Water in the Day: Drink 2.5 to 3.5 liters of water throughout the day in small quantities giving a gap of half an hour before and two hours after every meal intake. It keeps you fresh and energetic throughout the hectic day of work. There is no better refreshment of energy than water intake. When you drink water while you eat, the entire digestive gases in the stomach washes out and evaporates leading to improper digestion and constipation. To derive full benefits of eating food, you need to allow your stomach to churn the food properly by releasing various digestive gases and enzymes. I want to add another important point here. I have observed many people wake up from sleep to drink water at nights. You don’t actually need water at nights, if you drink enough after in the above described manner. Many people do not realize the importance of drinking water. When they feel thirst, they drink concentrated sodas and soft drinks. If you keep your fluid levels high by drinking water in the above prescribed manner, you feel more energetic and enthusiastic as never before.

  • f) Lunch: Avoid all refined and polished carbohydrates like Potato, Rice, Maida and Sugar during lunch. Needless to say that you got to sacrifice eating non-vegetarian and the food cooked in lots of oil, ghee, masalas and spices. Eat Wheat Phulkas at Lunch to get early results. People unable to avoid rice can eat Brown Rice instead. After following Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju’s Natural Way of Living, I hardly consumed white rice. Initially I shifted my diet to Brown Rice and after a few months I started eating Phulkas even in my Lunch. It not only helps in reducing the excess weight but also keeps your stomach light. Once I started to enjoy Phulkas, I hardly preferred eating rice. More importantly I totally prohibited the use of non-vegetarian food, oil, ghee, masalas and spices in my food. By watching the videos of Dr. Raju I learned the way of cooking food without these stuffs. I have no words to thank Dr. Raju for the work he is doing for the people like me. When I posted my first update “Natural Ways of Living”, I mentioned that I reduced the intake of above items. But today, I am glad that I totally sacrificed them. Only regret is that I am unable to stop the use of salt totally. Abandoning the salt is a great challenge to the tongue. Efforts are on to abandon the salt as well. And when that happens I am going to win this challenge. I heard Dr. Raju saying number of times that many people overcome every challenge in Natural Way of Living except the challenge of abandoning the salt. This is because, the salt is considered as the king of taste in Indian Cuisine. And it is always difficult to defeat a King in the contest.

  • g) Evening Snacks: When we think of evening snacks what we remember? The pizzas, burgers, sweets, breads, cakes, cookies, biscuits, samosas, chips, noodles, manchurias, chats, kurkures, Mirchies, Vadas and Bajjis and all kinds of processed and refined food made with maida and deadly fats containing Tran’s fats, HNE and other chemicals. Who don’t like these things? Bad things always attract us more than the good. The above items were my favorite ones before. This is where sacrifice comes handy. You need to sacrifice all these evening snacks if you are really serious in burning your calories. Believe me! I haven’t touched any of these items in the past 10 months and I never regret it any more now. They are out of my menu and I have replaced those junk with fruits and juices. Whenever you feel like eating some evening snack, buy any fruit available in the nearby market according to your economic condition and grab it. You might have heard a proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor at bay”. But according to me “Any fruit a day keeps the doctor at bay”. There is a huge misconception among people about eating some fruits during winter and rainy season. Many believe that eating fruits like guava, cranberries, gooseberries and lemon etc. will result in soar throat and flu during winter. This is absolutely baseless and in fact, these fruits help in strengthening your immune system. Dr. Raju strongly recommends eating every fruit available in the season at least once a day. Natural food is always beneficial to your health.

  • h) Dinner: Most people commit a mistake here. Most of us carry a small box for lunch and eat very light during lunch. This is because we don’t want to get lazy during work. When it comes to dinner, we sit altogether at one place and eat leisurely and heavily with some gup-shup on the dinning table. I wouldn’t be wrong if I say that many of us end up filling the stomach till the throat during dinner serving all kinds of varieties. Since we take rest during nights the excess calories we eat in dinner are stored by the fat cells in their reservoirs leading us to obesity. One should be very careful in selecting the kind of food you eat at night. You need not get up half stomach from your dining table at dinner. You have to avoid heavy oil cooked and non-vegetarian foods at night. You need to identify the food which has low calories and more minerals and enzymes. There is no better food at dinner than phulkas made of wheat, maize, millet and barley. Eat more vegetables and less rice or phulkas because the vegetables possess lots of minerals, enzymes, vitamins and rich fiber resources which keep your body healthy.

Some Important Points: So far you have learned about food disciple. Let us now try to learn some other important points in “Natural Way of Living”.

  • a) Eat more vegetables: Indian cuisine is never complete without curries. You need curries to eat rice as well as phulkas. I have been consuming leafy green and other vegetable curries cooked without oil, ghee, masalas and spices during all this while and believe me I am enjoying every bit of it. Many of us believe that curries cannot be cooked without oil and those spices. If you haven’t tried so far, have a go at it by watching Dr. Mantena’s Videos on You Tube or follow my blog “Mantena’s Kitchen”. The hardcore rule of Dr. Mantena’s Natural Ways of Living is eating ¾ of Curries and ¼ of Rice or Phulkas. This is because these leafy green and other vegetable curries contain numerous types of vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes that are required for the body. More importantly they are rich in fiber content which is very essential for cleansing of our body internally.
  • b) Eat only when you feel hungry: There is very bad practice among many of us that we eat whatever offered to us at any time and any place. Eat nothing in between your breakfast, lunch, evening snack and dinner. By nothing, it means nothing! Not even a single biscuit, a piece of chocolate or fruit. If anyone offers you any of these, keep it with you and eat when you feel hungry along with your breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eating often disturbs your digestive system resulting in serious gastric and other problems. We Indians are usually humble people. We cannot deny anybody’s offer to eat or drink something thinking that the other person might get hurt. Dr. Raju says; never eat for other’s satisfaction. Doing so will harm your personal health. I follow this principle very strictly. If anything is offered to me, I gently accept it without hurting his feelings and eat it according to my schedule if it is in my menu otherwise I gently deny the same.

  • c) Regular Vegetables in your Menu: In order to get quick results and lose weight early, you have to add “Bottle Gourds, Snake Gourds, Ivy Gourds, Ridge gourd, Lemon Cucumber etc.” in your menu. Any one of these gourds should be a part of your daily dinner menu. Because, these vegetables are rich in nutrition and low in calories. 1 Kilo of any of these gourds contains a mere 70-90 calories approximately which is equal to the calories you get from a cup of tea. Apart from them, any one kind of leafy vegetable should be a part of your daily meal. It might be Spinach, Amaranths, Sorrel leaves, Fenugreek Leaves, Mustard Leaves etc. because these leaves are very rich in nutrition which keeps you strong and healthy.

  • d) Honey & Lemon Juice: Drink 2tps of honey and lemon juice in lukewarm water every morning in the empty stomach after exercises. This helps in burning calories to some extent.

  • e) Flax Seeds: Flaxseed is another rich nutrient of omega 3 fatty acids which helps reduce your weight apart from many other health benefits. According to Dr. O.P. Mehra, Kota, Rajasthan, adding 30gms of flax seeds a day will do wonders for your health. Roast these seeds and store in a bottle. Grind 30-40 gms every day and add the same in wheat flour while making phulkas or sprinkle it in your curries after cooking as masala.
  • f) Avoid Processed, Polished and Refined Foods: Half your work is done if you could do this. Instead, eat organic, whole grains and unrefined and unprocessed foods.
I firmly believe that “prevention is better than cure”. Therefore, I urge all the people to react well before it’s too late. And there is no better prevention of diseases than Dr. Mantena Satyanaryana Raju’s Natural Way of Living. I hope some of you might find this information useful. Keep watching the space for more updates.

72 comments:

  1. can u kindly give us the non veg and veg
    chart related to fat, fibre,vitamins,nutrients,etc

    and do u hve the collection of types of food preparation that Dr Raju canvasses without oil, sugar, white rice,

    kindly email if so
    ashokota@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mr. Ashok. As far as your query on nutrient analysis of veg and non veg food and dr. raju's recipes are concerned keep on visiting my list of blogs www.nutritiousfoods.blogspot.com and mantenaskitchen.blogspot.com. you are going to find the sought information in future updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Padmashri BharathMarch 4, 2010 at 3:57 AM

    Hello Ram,

    Your blog is really informative and interesting. I like MS Raju's principles about Natural way of living, too. I was actually searching for MS Raju's recipes. I found your blog, and read a few of your blogs as well. And I appreciate your effort to spread the message you received. I liked your blog. I will keep reading it whenever I find time. Needless to say, please keep it updated with your valuable blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the appreciation you flourished on my blog. Do stay connected to my blog. I assure you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ram garu, I couldnt stop appreciating you for your time. I know how valuable Dr. Raju's suggestions. As you said I am also not able get rid of salt. Even though I am not seeing any issues for my health these days, do you think would it be problem in future? How ever today and every day from 2 years I am happy without sick. Thanks to Dr Raju. After god he is the first person I will pray in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my dear friend; if you were concerned about the problems that might arise due to salt in future, then I must say it definitely does if not now at the later stages of life. I suggest to gently lower the quantity of intake day by day and one day you be in a position to abandon it some day. Keep trying to avoid as far as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Ram. thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot. Your blog inspired me to follow the natural way of living. I have just started eating without salt and oil and today is my 3rd day. Food cooked in the way suggested by Dr. Raju is ok when it is hot. I badly wanted to reduce weight since 3yrs and had tried aerobics and yoga, but due to various reasons I couldn't continue them and hence I had put on more weight. As you said, we need to control our mind. I am aiming at reducing 5kgs weight in 1 month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that my work has inspired you so much. Many people believe that only workouts could reduce weight but I personally believe-in order to reduce weight food disciple comes first and next the rest. I have a little suggestion for you my dear friend - do not over do things in order to lose weight. It took so many years to gain weight. Give your body an opportunity to reduce weight. Be patient and the success will be yours. All the best...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please send Dr.Mantena Satyanarayana Raju email Id
    syedaleemstats@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dr_Manthena@yahoo.com is his email Id I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ram,

    A very Good Effort from your side.I am a hard core fan of Dr garu and was searching for his recipes.Found your site and was very happy.Really very appreciable efforts from your side.And for lunch and dinner,can u post some curries prepared in Dr.gari's method..
    Actually i can't view the video as iam working and weekends i will be occupied with my 1 year baby.Atlease 4-5curries if possible to post would be very helpful.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the appreciation. I have already running a blog called Mantena's Kitchen promoting his recipes. You can visit www.mantenaskitchen.blogspot.com for recipes. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ram,
    Your articles are very good. Keep it up.
    Raghu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. I realy like the way you write, it is very crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ram,
    please specify ratio of lime juice and honey at the time of one preparation. Thank you, Sreedhar

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1 Lemon and 2 tablespoons of honey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Ram gaaru, thanks for sharing the tip u have followed to reduce weight.Really amazing!!!
    Im badly in need of such an article.i have to reduce weight by 25 kilos. wil follow ur suggestions..Thanks a lot.. plz keep this space updated coz its a lot helpful and u deserve kudos..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ram
    I am following ur tips from many days to reduce weight.
    I have one query.plz clarify
    Do Eating Dates wil add weight or not?
    I had been feeling hungry after dinner(7pm). so plz suggest.

    Thanks & waiting for ur reply..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank a lot for the appreciation and keep watching the space as I update as and when something strikes my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eating fruits of any kind will not increase your weight. So you can consume dates without doubts. Feeling hungry after 7 pm was not clear to me. If you are feeling hungry after 7 pm on fasting, I recommend to take one more glass of honey lemon juice before you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  22. For doubts you can follow me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for ur article, I am 42/5'11"/82, want to try to loose about 15-20 kg. by follow your tips. Pl. suggest me accordingly, I'm in touch with you. pl. give e-mail ID of Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju Garu for tips on some more dieseas.

    shree

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am not sure about Dr. M.S. Raju's email id but you can contact him through his website: www.mantenasatyanarayanaraju.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Ram gaaru,
    My waist line has gone to 42 from 36 in one year.
    And i have put upon 15 kgs of weight in the past one year.
    I have read ur article. Its really amazing. How much waist line did u decrease and have u done any extra innings for waist line decrease.
    Awaiting ur reply.. Thanks.

    S.Rao

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Rao garu for writing a comment on my blog. My waistline reduced by 7 inches from 39 to 32 right now. I didn't get what you meant by extra innings. Any way I did nothing in extra than what I mentioned here in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry for the unusual term Ram gaaru. i just asked whether have u taken any specific steps to decrease waistline,as u have mentioned u have done yoga.
    7 inches is a great achievement Ram gaaru.
    Thanks again

    S.Rao

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes Rao Garu, I do practice yogasanas 2 hours everyday. You can communicate with me on facebook by clicking the badge on the right bottom of the blog for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Ram sir,
    Plz clarify my doubt regarding Dates.
    I am doing fasting(one day per week) for weight loss.
    And other days i have been trying to control myself not to eat rice and all. Following all the recommended tips in ur blog.
    Do consuming Dates increase weight?

    ReplyDelete
  30. You can happily consume dates without any doubt because dates do not raise your weight. In fact, regular consumption of dates increases your stamina and helps in keeping your heart healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Ram,your blog is wonderful and you r serving the society.
    I use to cook curries on Induction stove. R there any side effects in doing so?
    I live away from home and cook myself, so i use Induction stove.

    Ramu

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank You Ramu garu for the appreciation. As far as induction cooking is concerned, I haven't heard anything bad about them. May be I am not aware of them if any.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi really This article inspire me to do exercise and I like your suggestion to take liter of water early in the morning. Thanks a lot for this nice informative post keep posting and updating the blog on regular basis.

    Smith ALan

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi ramu ji nice post and i am very happy to see such a gud blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nowever days we will find such agud blogs to learn and u shud be very proud to write such things sir and how many members follwed u sir

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you for your appreciation. Countless people are following this healthy path of living through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Ram, Very useful Information..Thanks a lot.Things are discussed in Detail way.
    I have a Question.My height was 5.6 and my weight is 104.5 kilos, which is obes.
    In the recent times I lost 6 Kilos in 45days time span Now my weight is 98.5 kgs. But I am not sure weather I have reduced in the healty way or not.
    Activites I have done In the past 45 days.
    I woke up at 5:30 moring and will brush. after that I will have 2 glasses of water. If I feel hunger I will have apple or any other fruit.
    after that I will go for Morning walk/jog.. I will do that for 1 hour. after that I will complte all my moring activites and will have Break fast at 8:00 Pm.I will have a Bowl of OAT meal(1 spoon of sugar)for four days in a Week and Rest 3 days I used to have 4 idlys or 3 dosas with veg curries with very less oil.
    at 11pm I will have any juice with out sugar if I feel hungry.
    At 1pm. I will have a vegitarian meal with 2 veg curries(medium oil). with Bowl of rice.At 4:30 Pm I will have tea with medium sugar. At night time at 7pm. I will have fruits and milk(1 medium cup) at 9:15 PM I will go to my bed.

    From moring to evening I use to have 5 liters of water.

    Ofcouse I gree that this deviating form that tips wt you have given.

    Is this a healthy way to loose weight?.

    Thanks,
    Pradeep

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulation Pradeep for joining the natural way of living. Atleast you made a begenning and you got the results for what have you done. What you did is natural but not completely. Try to follow the steps mentioned above in the blog to get better results.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks a lot. You are doing great service by preaching the health benefits of green vegies and sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Ram, Thanks for the useful information. Can we follow Dr.Raju's diet for kids too? I heard since their bodies are growing they need lot other things like milk and some fat and omega-3 oils for brain development. could that be true? I have a 3year old and a 1 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Off course you can follow Dr. Raju's diet for kids too. There is an abundant quantity of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids in sprouted moong, chick peas, cow peas and flax seeds. My advise is that you acquire full knowledge of Dr. Raju's diet as half knowledge will be harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Weight loss pills and crash diets is not the smart way to go when losing weight. The best and proven methods in losing weight are always the following:

    1. Regular cardio workout and weight lifts
    2. Eating a balanced and healthy meal on time
    3. Cutting down on fats
    4. Adequate hydration

    Combine these 4 and you'll sure to get the body you've always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Losing weight requires careful planning, motivation, and actual implementation of the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  44. hi sir .. i am vasudha age is 18 years and my weight is 92 kgs.. i tried doing lots of exercise but it fluctuates.. tomorrow i m goig to vijaywada obesity camp.. so i need some tips to keep my will power and dedication up.. although i drink 2 glasses of water before eating every meals..i hope so you could guide me.. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  45. since you are going to the camp, they will take care of you. Don't worry and by happy.

    ReplyDelete
  46. for those who cannot quit Salt in your diet, please try to understand this simple tip.
    It is only difficult in the beginning for a week or 10 days, after that you don't feel that you are eating without Salt(The reason behind this is the Cells on the tongue/Taste buds will be died in this time frame) And when new cells are born, they don't feel that the food lacks Salty taste.
    I am successfully doing it from the last 8 months. It makes wonders. Salt is the root cause of 99% of our Chronic diseases. Manthena Sir made me realize this with his preachings. He comes first for me before GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Someone please suggest me on How I can keep my B12 Vitamin levels normal as our family is deficient of it as we are strict followers of Manthen's Way of Life and we stopped eating Non-veg. As Doctors suggested us to take either Meat or B12 supplements as the only options we have.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Ram, Thank you so much for the useful information.I really appreciate your wonderful contribution.I'm trying hard to reduce my weight.I'm 5"5 and weight is 102 kgs.I have put on 20 kgs of weight in just 4 months and was diagonised with Hypothyroidism.Doctor put me on medication but it has given me side affects and by that time by thyroid levels became normal so doctor asked me to stop the medication for a while.She suggested me to go for a walk everyday.But the problem is like I have developed bloating stomach with gas severely.I restricted my diet as well.But seeing no progress in weight reduction.Can you please suggest me what to do with this severe bloating with gas.Feelign embrassed to go out as if I'm looking like a 9 month pregnant.Eagerly waiting for your reply.

    Thanks,
    Laxmi

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you for the appreciation Laxmi garu. I can understand your problem. Once the hormones go imbalanced then it becomes difficult to control weight. You didn't tell me your age and the place where you live. Any way, I can only suggest you to be very patient and join a good yoga teacher apart from following the above mentioned tips to redress your issue. Yoga has the solution for both of your thyroid issue and the obesity. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you so much Ram for your valuable suggestion.I live in USA and my age is 32.I learnt pranayama when I was in india.Due to the busy schedule I couldnt concentrate on my health and ended up in a miserable health.I'm a big fan of Raju sir's natural way of living.I really want to join his ashram as soon as possible to learn yoga and natural way of living with healthy habits.Unfotunately because of my personal problems I cant visit India till the mid of 2013.I made an attempt to get onto my track and get rid of ailments in my body.I started doing pranayama 2 months ago .But I expereinced some severe bloating after a week and I stopped it as my friend suggested me probably while doing pranayama some air is trapped in your stomach causing bloating.I wanted to check that one so I stopped doing pranayama but I continued the same bloating in my stomach.To overcome thyroid problem I wached Baba Ramdev asanas.Again I started practising yoga with few of the pranayama mudras which I learnt in india followed with kapala bathi , Asana for thyroid and pavana mykthasana for gastric problem.whenever I start new I feel somewhat better first two days but my happiness doesnt last long from third day onwards all my ailments come back into my body along with severe bloating.I even started taking 1 ltr of water in the morning as soon as I wake up.Initially I was feeling better but after few days I'm experiencing the same bloating problem.I'm pretty confused what to eat and what not to eat.I stopped taking white rice and started taking brown rice or chapathi but my situation became worse and my stomch bloated very severely.Now I lost interest in food and lost apetite as well.Adding to that I'm not sure if I'm doing kapalabathi and thyroid asanas correctly as I learnt them from youtube.I would like to take the training from good yoga teacher instead of learning from videos.I dont have a chidren and on TTC but hypothroisism completely ruined my health.Hope I'l get cured soon.Thanks a again for this wonderful blog which gives very useful information.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Laxmi garu thanks for your appreciation. Going through your text I guess you have got serious digestive disorder. It is therefore causing that bloating sensation. Being a yoga practitioner I can surely tell you that yoga is like a tool which cuts the diamond. If done carefully and properly it can cut the stone into a diamond but if done improperly it damages the diamond as well as the tool. Therefore, I recommend you to join a good yoga teacher and practice the asanas and pranayama under his guidance. If done so, you will be relieved from all the issues you been facing now.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello Ram garu.Thank you so much for your suggestions.what you said is 100% correct.I'm experiencing that now.I just gone mad , when I was diagonised with hypothyroidism.I was on med for 15 days and it came to normal so I stopped using that.My primary care doctor asked me to continue my excercise and diet.As I was overenthusiastic I practised asanas which reduces hypothyroidism and activates the thyroid gland to produce more hormone.For the past one week , I didnt notice any one of the hypothyroid symptoms except digestive ailments and irregular cycles.I consulted the physician and she recommended me to go for thyroid test.To my surprise the results came out below normal range and my thyroid gland is producing more thyroid as a result my pituatory gland doesnt have to produce thyroid into the blood.so indirectly I supressed the natural function of pitutary gland and activated the thyroid gland function.even my doctor was surprised to see the result and asked me if I was on thyroid medication and suggested me to stop using it.I was so confused and talked to my friend , who is into medical profession.Even she asked me why there was a drastic change in the result just in 2 months.So that I stopped doing all thyroid yoga asanas and continuing with my yoga which I learnt in India from a yoga teacher and decided to go for the test next month.Hope I'l come to know where it went wrong.whatever we do , it should not be beyond the limit.I concentrated only on thyroid and spent all my excercising time on that.However , I completely agree that yoga should be learnt from a yoga teacher and should not be followed blindly seeing online videos.Thanks once again for this wonderful platform to share our experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi ,

    Nice blog. Food discipline .Yes that's what i totally lack. I am a 30 year old lady WOULD LIKE YOUR ADVICE.
    I have always been over weight . Gods grace i could give birth to a baby.Post delivery i have put on abnormal weight i want to reduce . Please advice more on the diet front. I am anemic , right now i weight almost 30 kgs over weight.

    thanks
    Prasanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prasanna garu thanks for your interest in the blog. If you are anemic follow these three simple things. 1. drink 1 glass of green coriander juice every day early in the morning in empty stomach. 2. Wheat grass juice is a very good supplement if you can grow at home or else wheat grass powder is available in the market. Drink 1 cup every day. 3. Join yoga classes under a good experienced yoga teacher. This resolves all your issues regarding weight loss as well as anemia.

      Delete
  54. SRI,HONARABLE M.S. RAJU GREAT MAN LIKE BUDDA NO WORDS TO SAY HE IS EQUAL TO GOD TO ME HE SAVED SO MANY LIVES WE WANT BECOME A HON'BLE M.S.RAJU is a real star BUT HOW IT POSSIBLE.******* FROM NK.RAO AND EDUKONDALU,,N

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi
    I am Giridhar, I am 44 years old, I am getting Knee pains when I go up,down(steps). Is there any remedy to solve my problem. Pls help me, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giridhar garu there are very good remedies in Iyengar yoga. Try to find an Iyengar yoga teacher nearby and practice for permanent result.

      Delete
  56. Can you please let us know the names of Yoga for soggy tommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there any link or web site available in online!

      Delete
  57. Can u plz suggest any curry to eat along with phulkas

    ReplyDelete
  58. Useful Tips! I need to get it as they are helpful in losing weight. I have gained much weight and I need to decrease it. So now i am using Body Slimming Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This information is awesome and thanks a ton for discussing it... I suggest some weight loss tips.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Plz give your diet chart that u followed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju Books and CD/DVD's